1. How I can create the "tictocs.opml" file?
- Login at http://www.tictocs.ac.uk
- You will see all your journals listed in the "MyTOCs" section
- Click "Select All" button
- Click "Export Selected" button
- Save the tictocs.opml file
2. Why I would want to transfer to JournalTOCs?
- You will continue having permanent access to your ticTOCs journals from beyond March 2012.
- You will be able to receive RSS or Email alerts when new issues of your ticTOCs (Followed) journals are published.
- You will be able to save searches, so you can create your own email alerts and RSS feeds based on your saved searches and preferred journals.
- You will be able to run filtered searches against your preferred journals via the website or using the JournalTOCs API.
3. Is JournalTOCs as free as ticTOCs?
Yes. All what you have been able to do with ticTOCs, you will continue being able to do with JournalTOCs for free. In addition to its free service, JournalTOCs offers a premium service to users that want to have customised features tailored for their own requirements.
4. Will be able to transfer all the content of MyTOCs folder?
JournalTOCs only indexes scholarly journals. Therefore, any other type of publications such as book or conference proceedings that you may have in your MyTOCS folder will not be transferred to JournalTOCs.