Acta Scientiarum. Technology
[SJR: 0.215] [H-I: 9] [3 followers] Follow
Open Access journal
ISSN (Print) 1806-2563 - ISSN (Online) 1807-8664
Published by Redalyc [441 journals]
- Small and Medium Sized Manufacturing Companies in Brazil: Is
Innovativeness a Key Competitive Capability to Develop'
Abstract: Small and medium sized manufacturing companies are important both to economic growth and to supply chains. Yet only limited research has focused on this type of organization ' this includes in the ...
- Using discrete event simulation to change from a functional layout to a
cellular layout in an auto parts industry
Abstract: This paper presents a discrete event simulation employed in a Brazilian automotive company. There was a huge waste caused by one family scrap. It was believed one reason was the company functional ...
- Multiobjective gear shifting optimization considering a known driving
Abstract: The reduction of the fuel consumption of the vehicles driven by combustion engines is a target of the automakers, governments and drivers. The literature asserts that the adjustment of the driver ...
- Hydrodynamic modeling of a reservoir used to supply water to Belem (Lake
Agua Preta, Para, Brazil)
Abstract: Lake Agua Preta is used by the Sanitation Company of Para (Cosanpa) to supply water to the Belem Metropolitan Region. This study aims to use the Base System Modeling Program Environmental Hydrodyn ...
- Functional soy food based on flaxseed and quinoa and enriched with iron
and Vitamin B12
Abstract: A diet rich in food derived from vegetables reduces the risk of developing chronic and degenerative diseases and provides the essential nutrients for human consumption. Besides soybean, other food ...
- Flash Profile for rapid descriptive analysis in sensory characterization
of passion fruit juice
Abstract: The Flash Profile is a descriptive analysis method derived from Free-Choice Profile, in which each taster chooses and uses his/her own words to evaluate the product while comparing several attribu ...
- Security analysis and enhancements of a three-party authenticated key
Abstract: Three-party authenticated key agreement (3PAKA) protocol is an important cryptographic mechanism for secure communication, which allows two clients to generate a shared session key with the help o ...
- Development of an adaptive genetic algorithm for simulation optimization
Abstract: Optimization methods in discrete-event simulation have become widespread in numerous applications. However, the methods´ performance falls sharply in terms of computational time when more than one ...
- Optimization of first generation alcoholic fermentation process with
Abstract: The influence of variables that affect the process of alcohol fermentation for the optimization of ethanol production is evaluated, with fermentation time, final substrate concentration, cells and ...
- Orange-flavored soft drink with the addition of isolated whey protein
Abstract: Current assay developed an orange-flavored soda pop with the addition of isolated whey protein, bottled in a 2L-polyethylene terephthalate container and stored at room temperature for 90 days. Phy ...
- Efficiency and operating cost of electrocoagulation system applied to the
treatment of dairy industry wastewater
Abstract: The objective of this study was to apply the technique of electrocoagulation (EC) in the treatment of dairy industry wastewater, using a system of bench. It was used a source of 10 amps and an ele ...
- Removal of Cu (II) and Zn (II) from water with natural adsorbents from
cassava agroindustry residues
Abstract: Current study employs solid residues from the processing industry of the cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) (bark, bagasse and bark + bagasse) as natural adsorbents for the removal of metal ions C ...
- Synthesis of carboxylate complexes and evaluation of their catalytic
activities for polyesterification of castor oil (Ricinum communis) with
Abstract: The use of castor oil (Ricinus communis) has been pointed out as an interesting alternative to produce several polymers obtained from step-growth polymerization and are suitable to be used as resi ...
- On a- t-disconnectedness and '- '-connectedness in topological
Abstract: The aims of this paper is to introduce new approach of separate sets, disconnected sets and connected sets called '- '-separate sets, '- '-disconnected sets and '- '-connected sets of topological ...
- New type surfaces in terms of B-Smarandache Curves in Sol3
Abstract: In this work, new type ruled surfaces in terms of B- Smarandache TM1 curves of biharmonic B- slant helices in the SOL3 are studied. We characterize the B- Smarandache TM1 curves in terms of their ...